CBT includes strategies such as relaxation therapy or hypnosis, changing automatic thoughts which reduce negative emotions, and shifting fears and core beliefs to optimistic self-talk. As a General Psychologist and as a Holistic Psychologist, Dr. Freeman’s San Diego cognitive behavioral therapy practice will guide you to improve exercise, nutrition, and sleep, and to achieve emotional and physical well-being.
People that have worked with Dr. Freeman in the past have stated that he is easy to talk to, warm, and offers a non-judgmental and open atmosphere during sessions. He provides you a clear treatment plan, collaborates with you as a teacher and coach, and delivers his expertise as a Psychologist on a variety of subjects. Cognitive behavioral therapy is individualized to fit your unique needs and goals. Dr. Freeman loves his work, and intends to help you in an atmosphere of respect, caring, and competence. If you are looking for options, please contact Dr. Freeman for a free 15 minute consultation, or set an appointment.
Areas of Expertise
- Panic Attack
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Loss and Bereavement
- Assertive Communication and Empowerment
- Positive Psychology and Self-talk
- Archetypal and Jungian Psychology as related to masculinity, femininity, the shadow side, integration and actualization
- Dissociative Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Behavioral Medicine
- Mood Disorders
- Thinking Disorders
- Geriatric Psychology
- Treated people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): changing thoughts and behaviors. The gold standard to treating insomnia, anxiety, depression, trauma, etc.
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) and Energy Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Jungian Psychology as related to masculinity, femininity, archetypes, the shadow side, integration and actualization
- Gestalt Psychology